There are several online colleges and universities that offer degrees in social work. These programs typically offer the same curriculum as traditional on-campus programs and can lead to the same credentials, such as a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) or a Master of Social Work (MSW).
Here are a few examples of reputable online colleges and universities that offer social work programs:
- University of Southern California’s Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work: Offers an online MSW program that is CSWE accredited.
- Boston University: Offers an online MSW program with a focus on advanced clinical practice.
- Fordham University: Offers an online MSW program with a focus on macro practice.
- Arizona State University: Offers an online BSW and MSW programs through its School of Social Work.
- University of Denver: Offers an online MSW program that is CSWE accredited.
It’s important to note that most online programs require students to complete a certain number of fieldwork or internship hours in order to graduate. These hours can usually be completed at a location near the student’s residence. Additionally, some programs may have specific requirements for technology or internet access. It’s important to research the program and the institution’s accreditation status, before making a decision.
It’s also important to note that licensure requirements for social workers vary by state, so be sure to check the requirements in the state where you plan to practice before enrolling in an online program.